Elias Munkondia emerged winner in the 2017 Rapid draughts-64 tournament (Pool Version) which started on Friday 12-14 at Heroes Lodge in Lusaka.
Interestingly, after the tournament, ZDF also elected new office bearers in an elective AGM for the next three years. Election results are as follows.
1. President : Clement Mphange got 16 votes against Raphael Lesa 13 votes
2. Vice President : Raphael Lesa was again nominated for the V/Presidency and walked away unopposed
2. General Secretary : Raphael Phiri got 17 votes against Daniel Chipimpa who got 7 votes
3. Treasurer : Lukanga Mambwe was unopposed
4. Tournament Director : Mwaaza Sakala was unopposed
5. Technical Adviser : Hermen Kroesbergen - unopposed
6. Publicity & Public Relationa Officer : Daniel Chipimpa got 14 votes against his challenger Abson Phiri who had 13 votes
Trustees selected are Matthews Makina and Abson Phiri
Read more »